Friday, August 10, 2012

Friends and Family

One of the biggest challenges we have when we are back West, is visiting all our friends and family.  Many years, we miss people.  You would think that 3 months is enough to see old friends, but with fitting in family in both Utah and Idaho, it is very difficult!

This year, we managed to see friends who live out here and those who are visiting from Texas as well.

Greg and I spent time at Education Week at BYU-I with my mom, our friends, Julie and Richard, and Victoria and Katri.  Of course, I failed to get pics of everyone, but here's a token picture with Victoria and Katri.


Greg's uncle Tim and Aunt Sandy came out to visit from New York.



I took my kids down south to visit our friend, Cydney and her kids.  We enjoyed lunch at Thanksgiving Point and then the amazing dinosaur museum.  






Then, we drove down to Katri's little summer cottage in Midway, UT, where we enjoyed tons of fun with friends and lots of awesome Olympics watching.








The BEST pizza place:


 Gracie's fabulous Pear Gorgonzola Salad:


On the way home, we stopped to visit my blog friends, Martha and Brooke.  We haven't seen each other in about 3 years, so it was a BLAST to catch up.  LOVE those girls.


I also had a chance to catch up with my friend Biffy, and her SIX kids the next day.  We decided not to take pictures after we had sat and chatted for hours, with kids crawling all over us.  It's best for all of us, really.

So, as exciting as this blog post was, I'm just throwing it out there for posterity and to let you know that if you are my friend, and I haven't seen you this summer, please don't be mad.  It's not for lack of trying.  Man, we pack it in when we are out here.  And there's always next year...


1 comment:

Lori said...

Trying to get everyone in is a hard challenge. I always feel bad for missing everyone on my quick 5 day trips. I love that you fit so many in!!!